Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) saves microcontroller pins LED intensity can be controlled via PWM Multiple boards can be placed side by side for longer LED stripes Supports 3.3V and 5V systems
BarGraph Click is a compact and easy solution for adding a 10-segment light-bar display to your design. It features a JSB-R102510Z red LED bar display as well as two 74HC595 shift registers. The 74HC595 IC contains an 8-bit serial in, parallel/serial-out shift register as well as an 8-bit storage register with 3-state output. Separate clocks are provided for both the shift and storage registers. The shift register has a direct overriding clear input.
BarGraph Click communicates with the target board microcontroller via mikroBUS SPI (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS), RST and PWM lines. An SMD jumper allows you to select whether the board will be powered with 3.3V or 5V power supply (in 3.3V position by default). A green LED on the board indicates presence of power.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, these mikromedia shields, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
LED Light Bar Add-on Board Resources