This kit consists of the 4DLCD-FT843 display module, the 4DLCD-FT843-Breakout module (not available separately) and the 4DBEZEL-43-B bezel with corner mounting plates.
The 4DLCD-FT843 is an embedded SPI display from 4D Systems, featuring a 4.3-inch resistive touch display with an integrated FTDI FT800 Embedded Video Engine (EVE). A SPI host can be connected directly to the display, then EVE provides a powerful set of graphics features to the host.
This display provides four-in-one functionality, a 4.3" TFT LCD Display with 480×272 resolution and 262k colors, Audio with amplifier enable, and Resistive Touch Screen with an integrated Video Engine. This combination built directly into the screen allows for simple integration into a number of applications.
The FT800 Display Processor runs the FTDI version of EVE (Embedded Video Engine), which targets high-quality graphics displays with widget support, designed to offload the host processor and provide a variety of graphics features. Twelve widget components, transparency support, anti-aliasing and other features will enhance your designs.
The Breakout board included in this kit adapts the display's FPC connector to a breadboard-friendly 0.1"-spaced single-row header. This gives you easy access to all the SPI communication pins as well as the audio and power pins. Note: All signals from the display are for 3.3V only (3.0V to 3.6V). However, it is possible to connect the 4DLCD-FT843 display to a 5V system by using the optional ADAM Arduino Interface module instead of this kit's breakout board.
When connecting the display's flexible cable to FPC connector on the Breakout board (or the ADAM), please ensure the cable is placed as far into the connector as possible, but do this with care so as not to damage the delicate display cable.
This display was created by a collaboration between FTDI and 4D Systems. All software support for the 4DLCD-FT843 Display is provided directly from FTDI. FTDI also write and supply the libraries and demos for this display. Hardware support is provided by 4D Systems.
4.3" Embedded SPI Display Features
- 4.3" TFT LCD transmissive display with 480×272 resolution, 262K colors
- 4-wire resistive touch screen
- Mono PWM audio output with separate amplifier enable, designed to be connected directly to a simple filter and amplifier circuit
- On-board FTDI FT800 Embedded Video Engine
- SPI interface to host processor/controller, up to 30 MHz (Mode 0 only)
- Standard 10-way 0.5mm-pitch FPC ribbon which carries SPI, Audio, I/O and Power to/from the display
- Programmable interrupt controller, with dedicated interrupt pin to host
- 64-voice polyphonic sound synthesizer
- PWM dimming control for LCD backlight
- Power mode control to put the FT800 into sleep and standby modes, with dedicated power-down pin to host
- Single 3.3V supply
- 3.3V SPI bus, audio output and amplifier enable (not 5V tolerant)
- Display dimensions: 105.5 × 67.2 × 4.2 mm (not including flex cable)
- Flex cable length from base of display: 57.51 mm
- Viewing area: 95.04 × 53.86 mm
- Touchscreen area: 96.7 × 55.5 mm
- Weight: ~50g
- RoHS and CE compliant
4.3" Embedded SPI Display Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item