The BASIC Stamp 2pe serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2pe's tiny PCB; just connect power and go. Projects needing a small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2pe-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board or the Super Carrier Board.
The BS2pe-IC is useful for those who have previous experience with the BS2p and are building battery-powered or data-logging applications. The execution speed is slower than the BS2p, and the wake-up interval is less than 1 ms, so battery life is extended significantly.
BASIC Stamp 2pe Module Features
- Processor Speed: 8 MHz Turbo
- Program Execution Speed: ~6000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/O, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 Bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 16 × 2 KBytes; (16K for source; ~4000 PBASIC instructions)
- Number of I/O Pins: 16, +2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5V DC: 15mA Run, 150 µA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- 61 PBASIC Commands
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- Power Requirements: 5.5V to 12V DC (Vin), or 5V DC (Vdd)
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 × 0.63 × 0.15 inches (30.0 × 16.0 × 3.81 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
BASIC Stamp Overview A BASIC Stamp microcontroller is a single-board computer that runs the PBASIC language interpreter in its firmware. Your code is stored in an EEPROM, which can also be used for data storage. The PBASIC language has easy-to-use commands for basic I/O, like turning devices on or off, interfacing with sensors, etc. More advanced commands let BASIC Stamp modules interface with other integrated circuits, communicate with each other, and operate in networks.
BASIC Stamp 2pe Module Resources