With eight opto-isolated sensor inputs, six high-power relay outputs, and one simple RS232/485 port, the DS1005 is a great fit for industrial and building automation as well as security, safety, and access control applications.
Unlike many "remote I/O" products, the DS1005's capabilities are not limited to just relaying I/O data to a central server. Programmability in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C means that you can create systems where intelligent decisions are made in real time by the DS1005 itself.
The DS1005 is especially suitable for access control applications: Four of the eight sensor inputs can be used to handle up to two card readers (two inputs per reader), which leaves four sensor inputs for connecting to a door switch, exit button, etc.
The DS1005 comes pre-loaded with an open-source Remote I/O Application for remote control/monitoring of the device's inputs and relays through a web browser or through Tibbo's AggreGate device management system. This application can be customized easily for any functionality desired.
Digital I/O Controller Features
- Dimensions: 91 × 104 × 99 mm (excluding secondary cover)
- Extruded-profile aluminum body
- IP68 compliant (when used with secondary cover)
- Operating temperature -30 to +75 degrees C
- CE and FCC certified
- 8 opto-isolated sensor inputs, four of which can be used to connect up to two Wiegand or clock/data readers
- 6 high-power relays — 10A / 30V DC
- 1 RS232/485 port
- 8 status LEDs
- Based on the EM1000 module
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- 1024KB Flash for firmware, application, and data storage
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage
- RTC with back-up supercapacitor
- Built-in buzzer
- 11 status LEDs
- Power: 10-18V
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
Digital I/O Controller Programming
- Sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions)
- Net — controls Ethernet port
- Ser — in charge of serial channels
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- Rtc — keeps track of date and time
- Fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- Pat — "plays" patterns on five status LED pairs
- Beep — generates buzzer patterns
- Button — monitors the setup button
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality
- Strings functions (21 in total)
- Date/time conversion functions
- Hash calculation functions (md5 and sha1)
- Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
Digital I/O Controller Package Contents
- DS1005 unit
- Waterproof kit with secondary cover, cable glands, screws
- DMK1000 DIN rail mounting kit
- TB1005 test board
- Serial cable for firmware upgrades
Optional Recommended Products for this Item