The USB IO 24R Digital I/O over USB Control Board is a low-cost integrated module for the input and/or output of digital signals from a computer system by connection to the USB port.
The module features 24 signal lines at 5V level which are programmable individually as input or output. Because the module connects to the USB port, multiple modules can be connected to a single PC by the use of a USB hub or hubs. Each module features a serial number, and the PC can identify each module uniquely, allowing multiple modules to be connected in a single application.
The outputs of the module are able to source or sink up to 30mA per I/O and a maximum 50mA per port to allow direct connection to a variety of devices.
This version of the USB-IO-24R features an alteration that allows the board's SX48 processor to be powered externally by 3.3V, compared to the default 5V version which is powered by 5V from USB. This version cannot be powered by USB; you must provide an external 3.3V DC supply to the PWR header.
The picture shows the default 5V version. This 3.3V version uses the same PCB but with some different components installed, most obvious being a voltage regulator on U3 (the space seen above the USB connector in the picture).
24 Digital I/O over USB Control Board Features
- 24 independent and programmable input/output pins that are grouped into 3 ports
- Single-module high-speed digital input/output solution
- Integrated Type-B USB connector
- On-board unique serial number and custom programmable Flash microcontroller
- Both USB Enumeration information and Microcontroller can be re-programmed to suit customer needs
- Module must be powered by an external 3.3V power supply
- Virtual COM Port driver allows access as a regular serial port
- Optional DLL-based driver available
- Easy to program using popular development languages such as C, C++, C#, VB, etc.
- Simple command set for easy control of ports and data transfer
24 Digital I/O over USB Control Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft., A-Male / B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|4x Opto-Isolated Input, 4x Relay Output Board||+|| US$65.00|
|8x Opto-Isolated Input Board||+|| US$51.00|
|8x Screw Terminal Connector and LED Board||+|| US$35.00|
|8x Push Button, Slide Switch and LED Board||+|| US$51.00|
|8x Darlington Transistor Output Board, 8x LED & Screw Terminal||+|| US$34.00|
|Voltage Translator Board, 8x I/Os, Selectable Direction, IDC10||+|| US$27.00|
|Analog I/O Board, 8 ch. 10-bit ADC, 2 ch. 12-bit DAC, IDC10 SPI||+|| US$73.00|
|GPIO Expander Board, 4x 8-bit ports, IDC10 SPI||+|| US$49.00|