This USB-to-RS232/TTL converter module provides a simple method of adapting a legacy serial device to a USB port. It uses the FT230X USB-to-Serial bridge IC from FTDI.
There are three serial interfaces available. In the center is a 3.5mm jack for RS232 signals; it is compatible with the original version of Intel's Galileo board. Three-pin male headers are on each side of the board; one for RS232 and one for 3.3V TTL.
The TTL interface on this module can be used with BeagleBone Black, Raspberry Pi, i.MX Solo RIoT, SAMA5D3 Xplained, SBC335x-B1A and SBC335x-B2A boards, to name a few examples.
The module ships with three female-female jumper wires (white, yellow, black), and a male-male 3.5mm audio type cable for use on the Galileo.
USB-to-Serial Adapter Features
- Supports RS232/TTL output and input
- Adds one RS232 serial port (via 3.5mm jack) for original Intel Galileo
- Operates with and is powered by USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 Host or hub
- FIFO: 512-byte transmit buffer; 512-byte receive buffer
- 12Mbps USB Full Speed interface; up to 1Mbps RS232 interface
- Status LED
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud
USB-to-Serial Adapter Resources