FT232RL contains integrated 1024-bit EEPROM, 128 bytes Long Receive buffer, 256 bytes Long Transmit buffer Configurable CBUS I/O pins and entire USB protocol handled on the chip
USB UART Click is an accessory board in mikroBUS form factor. It's a compact and easy solution for adding serial UART communication via USB cable. It features an FT232RL USB-to-UART interface module as well as USB Mini-B connector. USB UART Click communicates with a target board via UART interface. The board is powered with 5V power supply, but is designed to use 3.3V or 5V I/O levels (selectable via SMD jumper, default position at 3.3V). It has a green LED that indicates the presence of power supply. The board also contains RX (yellow) and TX (red) LEDs that indicate the transmission and reception of data via USB.
The board can be used for RS232 communication with modems, printers, PC applications, and various devices that use UART communication protocol.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
USB-UART Add-on Board Resources