Array of five QRE1113 reflective object sensors Separate digital outputs for each sensor Can be used to detect thickness of line 3.3V or 5V power supply
Line Follower click carries an array of five QRE1113 miniature reflective object sensors. As the name implies, Line Follower click is best used for line-following robots and cars. Each one of the QRE1113 sensors consists of an infrared transmitter and infrared receiver. For communicating with your target MCU, the individual sensors have their own separate digital outputs, each one routed through a single mikroBUS pin: OUT1, OUT2, OUT3, OUT4 and OUT5 (in place of default mikroBUS pins RST, AN, PWM, TX and RX, respectively).
By default, the sensor's output is Logic Level 1 until the sensors encounter a white surface which changes the output signal to 0. Since there are five adjacent sensors, you can deduce the position or thickness of the line from the combination of their outputs.
A soldered SMD jumper is used to set the board for 3.3V or 5V power supply (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Line Follower mikroBUS Module Resources