LS7366R 32-bit quadrature encoder Pinout for receiving A and B pulses from incremental encoders Allows non-quadrature up-down counting SPI communication with additional Enable and Interrupt pins 3.3V or 5V power supply
Counter click carries an LS7366R 32-bit quadrature counter. The top of the board has a pinout for connecting to incremental encoders. The interface has ENCA and ENCB pins, along with ENCI, which is a programmable index. The A and B pulses from an encoder are out of phase to each other, ideally by 90°. The LS7366R CMOS counter takes these signals as inputs and decodes them for determining direction and speed. It can be used for non-quadrative, up/down, free-running and several other counting modes.
On the other side, Counter click communicates with your target board microcontroller through the mikroBUS SPI pins (CSK, MISO, MOSI), plus enable (CNT EN) and interrupt (LFLAG or DFLAG) pins.
An SMD jumper allows you to set the Interrupt for either LFLAG (open-drain latched output) or DFLAG (push-pull output). It comes in the DFLAG position by default. Another SMD jumper allows you to configure the module for 3.3V or 5V power. It comes in the 5V position by default.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Quadrature Encoder Module Resources