Use this module to increase the battery capacity of your Boe-Bot to five AA cells. There are two possible benefits:
1. Yield 6V nominal output from five 1.2V rechargeable batteries — an economical and eco-friendly power solution that wasn't feasible before.
2. Set your Boe-Bot's servo voltage jumper to VDD (5V DC) and use with five 1.5V AA batteries (7.5V total) for a longer servo run time at a consistent speed.
This also can be used as a sixth battery holder for the Arduino Robotics Shield Kit.
Boe-Boost Module Features
- Holds one AA cell battery to add to your existing power pack
- The module snaps into the Boe-Bot robot's standard battery pack — no tools are required
- Allows you to use five 1.2V rechargeable batteries or five 1.5V alkaline batteries (on the Arduino Robotics Shield, allows you to use six 1.2V rechargeable batteries)
- By using more batteries, you can discharge the cells further, allowing for a longer run time and extended life before replacement is required
- Dimensions: 2.25 × 1.25 × 0.625 inches (58 × 33 × 16 mm)
Download Boe-Boost Module Installation Instructions