VOLT is not only a smart USB Lithium-Polymer battery charger; it also provides a means to power your board with a battery or via USB. It can be used with LiPo batteries that have a Molex 5264-2P connector, such as the LiPolyBattery-2000.
The VOLT features power management circuitry with an MCP73832, which can charge the battery over USB. Using provided screw terminals (VSYS and GND), VOLT also can be used to power your target device from battery (Vbat) or USB (5V). For example, if your board has screw terminals for power input but no connector for a LiPo battery, you simply connect your battery to the VOLT then run wires from its VSYS and GND lines to your board.
When USB is connected, the battery will begin charging and VSYS on the screw terminal will output 5V so you can continue to power your board while the battery is charging (or even without a battery connected). The Power LED is active when either USB or battery is connected, while the Charge LED lights up only when the battery is charging. The battery is charged to 4.2V level with approximately 250mA current.
Additional screw terminals with STAT and SENSE lines enable battery charge monitoring.
USB LiPo Charger Features
- Battery and Mini-B USB connectors on board
- STAT line is open-collector and must be pulled up to MCU power level for monitoring battery charging state
- SENSE line can be connected to ADC input for monitoring battery charge level
- Board can be used to power a target device via provided VSYS and GND screw terminals
- Small footprint and mounting screw holes for easy integration into your product
- Charge and Power LEDs
USB LiPo Charger Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item