The PowerCell board is a single-cell LiPo boost converter (to 3.3V and 5V) and micro-USB charger in one. The board comes with a JST connector for a single-cell Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer battery, a micro-USB connector for the 5V charge input, and selectable 3.3V and 5V ouput pins (labeled out). There are also two charge pins broken out (labeled charge) so you can use another 5V power source to charge the batteries if you don't have a micro-USB cable.
The micro-USB charger uses the Microchip MCP73831T-2ACI/OT and allows you to charge 3.7V LiPo cells at a rate of 500mA.
Instead of requiring a PC's USB power, you might consider the TOL-11456 wall-mount 5V, 1A power supply that uses a USB cable for delivery.
The boost converter is based on the Texas Instruments TPS61200 and has solder jumper selectable 5V and 3.3V output, and an under-voltage protection of 2.6V.
Note: This board does not have reverse-polarity protection. Be sure of the polarity of your connections!
PowerCell LiPo Charger Features
- MCP73831 Single Cell LiPo charger at 500mA
- TPS61200 Boost Converter
- Selectable output voltage 3.3 or 5V
- 5V @ 600mA max
- 3.3V @ 200mA max
- Undervoltage lockout at 2.6V
- Quiescent current, less than 55µA
- JST connector for LiPo battery
- micro-USB connector for charge power source
- Inductor: 4.7µH, 1.2A Sumida CDRH2D18
- Over-temperature protection
PowerCell LiPo Charger Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item