MAX44000 ambient light and infra-red proximity sensor Interrupt function 12cm range of proximity detection 3.3V power supply
Proximity 2 click features the MAX44000, an IC that integrates an ambient light as well as a proximity sensor. The chip consists of an array of photodiodes that convert light into current, which the internal circuitry then converts into a digital value. The light sensor has a dynamic range of 0.03 to 65.535 lux. The IR proximity detector is matched with an integrated IR LED driver (for the on-board high-power infrared LED).
This module communicates with your target board's microcontroller through mikroBUS I2C (SCL, SDA), and INT lines. It's designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
If you need a slightly longer sensing range, see the original VCNL4010-based Proximity Click which has a sensing range of 20cm and a solder jumper to select 5V I/O levels.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Proximity & Ambient Light Detector Module Resources