CO2 Gas Sensor
The TGS4161 sensor provides a voltage output proportional to the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere. It shows a value between 220mV and 490mV for a concentration of 350ppm (approximately the normal CO2 concentration in the air), decreasing as the amount of gas increases.
Different sensors may show a large variability in the initial voltage values at 350ppm and in sensitivity, so it is recommended to calibrate each sensor before including it in your application.
The accuracy that this sensor can offer will vary depending on the time it has remained powered before being measured. A time of 30 seconds is sufficient to detect significant changes in concentration, while a high-accuracy measurement will require at least 10 minutes of power.
Carbon Dioxide Sensor Features
- Measurement range: 350 to 10000 ppm
- Voltage at 350ppm: 220 to 490 mV
- Sensitivity: 44 to 72 mV (variation between voltage at 350ppm and 3500ppm)
- Accuracy: approx. ±20% at 1000ppm
- Supply voltage: 5V ±0.2V DC
- Operating temperature: -10 to +50 °C
- Response time: 90 seconds
- Average consumption: 50mA
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Gases Sensor Board.