CO Gas Sensor
The TGS2442 is a resistive sensor sensitive to the changes in concentration of Carbon Monoxide (CO) and, slightly, Hydrogen (H2). The sensor's resistance can vary between two different sensors, so it is recommended to consult the documentation to choose the load resistance and amplification gain and to calibrate it before finally inserting it into your application.
Reading this sensor requires a cycle of one second during which two power supply pulses are generated on heat resistance and sensor resistance of 14ms and 5ms each (average consumption throughout the power supply cycle is 3mA).
The sensor is in a TO-5 metal can package with four pins.
Carbon Monoxide Sensor Features
- Measurement range: 30 to 1000 ppm
- Resistance at 100ppm: 13.3 to 133 kΩ
- Sensitivity: 0.13 to 0.31 (ratio between the resistance at 300ppm and 100ppm)
- Supply voltage: 5V ±0.2V DC
- Operating temperature: -10 to +50 °C
- Response time: 1 second
- Minimum load resistance: 10kΩ
- Average consumption: 3mA (throughout complete power supply cycle in one second)
TGS2442 Documentation Figaro TGS2442 Datasheet Calibration Guide for TGS2442
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Gases Sensor Board.