Digital Humidity Sensor (RH&T)
The Sensirion SHT75 senses both relative humidity and temperature. It integrates sensor elements plus signal processing in a compact format and provides a fully calibrated digital output. A unique capacitive sensor element is used for measuring relative humidity while temperature is measured by a band-gap sensor. The applied CMOSens technology guarantees excellent reliability and long-term stability.
The sensor is coupled seamlessly to a 14-bit analog-to-digital converter and a serial interface circuit. This results in superior signal quality, a fast response time and insensitivity to external disturbances (EMC). Each SHT75 is calibrated in a precision humidity chamber. The calibration coefficients are programmed into OTP memory on the chip. These coefficients are used internally to calibrate the signals from the sensor.
SHT75 is supplied on FR4 with pins. Its 2-wire serial interface and internal voltage regulation allows for easy and fast system integration.
Humidity and Temperature Sensor Features
- Power Supply: 2.4V to 5.5V
- Minimum Consumption (sleep): 2µW
- Consumption (measurement): 3mW
- Average Consumption: 90µW
- Communication: Digital (Two-Wire Interface)
- Storage Temperature: 10 to 50 °C (0 to 80 °C max)
- Storage Humidity: 20% to 60% RH
- Measurement Range: 0% to 100% RH
- Resolution: 0.4% RH minimum; 0.05% RH typical
- Accuracy: ±1.8% RH (when between 10% and 90%; see graph to right)
- Repeatability: ±0.1% RH
- Response Time: 8 seconds
- Measurement Range: -40 to +123.8 °C
- Resolution: 0.04 °C minimum; 0.01 °C typical
- Accuracy: ±0.3 °C typical (see graph to right)
- Repeatability: ±0.1 °C
- Response time (minimum): 5 seconds (63% of the response)
- Response time (maximum): 30 seconds (63% of the response)
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Agriculture Sensor Board PRO.