The Sensirion SHT11 is a smart sensor for both humidity and temperature, and it comes from the factory in a tiny package that incorporates the analog-to-digital interface. All that your microcontroller has to do is read out the humidity and temperature values through the two-wire digital serial interface. The only math required is a simple scale and offset. The SHT11 is factory-calibrated so that it returns temperature with a resolution of 0.01 °C and relative humidity with a resolution of 0.05%. Worst-case temperature accuracy is ±2.5 °C at extremes; room temperature range accuracy is as good as ±0.4 °C. The relative humidity sensor is similarly accurate: ±3% in the range of 20% to 80% and ±5% at extremes.
This module provides the SHT11 in an 8-pin DIP. It includes a data-line pull-up and series limiter, which allows it to be connected directly to a BASIC Stamp, Javelin Stamp or similar microcontroller system.
SHT11 Temperature/Humidity Sensor Module Features
- Provides a fully calibrated, digital output
- Measure temperature with a resolution of 0.01 °C and with accuracy as good as ±0.4 °C
- Measures relative humidity with a resolution of 0.04% and accuracy as good as ±3%
- Low power consumption (typically 30 µW)
- Power requirements: 2.4V to 5.5V DC
- Communication: Two-Wire Serial
- Dimensions: 0.43 × 0.49 inches (11 × 12.5 mm)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +254.9 °F (-40 to +123.8 °C)
SHT11 Temperature/Humidity Sensor Module Resources