The DS1620 is a complete digital thermometer on a chip, capable of replacing the normal combination of temperature sensor and analog-to-digital converter in most applications. It can measure temperature in units of 0.5 °C from -55 °C to +125 °C (units of 0.9 °F from -67 °F to +257 °F).
The DS1620 can operate also as a standalone thermostat. A temporary connection to a controller establishes the mode of operation and high/low-temperature set points. Thereafter, the chip independently controls three outputs: T (high), which goes active at temperatures above the high-temperature set point; T (low), active at temperatures below the set point; and T (com), which goes active at temperatures above the high set point and stays active until the temperature drops below the low set point.
DS1620 Digital Thermometer Features
- Measures temperature within ±0.5 °C error
- Converts temperature to digital word in 750 ms
- Power requirements: 2.7V to 5.5V DC
- Communication: Three-Wire Serial Connection
- Dimensions: 0.24 × 0.35 inches (62 × 9 mm)
- Operating temperature: -67 to +257 °F (-55 to +125 °C)
DS1620 Digital Thermometer Resources