This is a breakout board for InvenSense's ITG-3200 triple-axis, digital-output gyroscope. The ITG-3200 features three 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) for digitizing the gyro outputs, a user-selectable internal low-pass filter bandwidth, and a Fast-Mode I2C (400 kHz) interface. Additional features include an embedded temperature sensor and an internal oscillator accurate to 2%.
The ITG-3200 can be powered at anywhere between 2.1V and 3.6V. For power supply flexibility, the ITG-3200 has a separate VLOGIC reference pin (labeled VIO), in addition to its analog supply pin (VDD) which sets the logic levels of its serial interface. The VLOGIC voltage may be anywhere from 1.71V min to VDD max. For general use, VLOGIC can be tied to VCC. The normal operating current of the sensor is just 6.5mA.
Communication with the ITG-3200 is achieved over a two-wire (I2C) interface. The sensor also features a interrupt output, and an optional clock input. A jumper on the top of the board allows you to select the I2C address by pulling the AD0 pin either to VCC or to GND; the board is shipped with this jumper tied to VCC. If you don't plan on using the CLKIN pin, you can short the jumper on the bottom of the board to tie it to GND.
This breakout board is shipped as shown. Note that there are two unpopulated resistors on the I2C lines; you can add these yourself if desired.
3-axis Gyroscope Board Features
- Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-Axis angular rate sensors (gyros) on one integrated circuit
- Digitally programmable low-pass filter
- Low 6.5mA operating current consumption for long battery life
- Wide VDD supply voltage range of 2.1V to 3.6V
- Standby current: 5μA
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Fast Mode I2C (400kHz) serial interface
- Optional external clock inputs of 32.768kHz or 19.2MHz to synchronize with system clock
- Pins broken out to a breadboard-friendly 7-pin 0.1"-pitch header
- Dimensions: 0.70 × 0.55" (17.78 × 13.97mm)
3-axis Gyroscope Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item