EC12D 15-pulse rotary encoder 30 indents dividing the rotation into discrete increments 16x yellow LED ring Pushbutton built into the knob SPI communication 3.3V or 5V power supply
Rotary Y Click carries a 15-pulse incremental rotary encoder with detents, surrounded by a ring of 16 yellow LEDs. It's a perfect solution for adding a precision input knob to your design. The encoder output has A and B signals (out of phase to each other); the knob also acts as a pushbutton which sends an interrupt to your target board's MCU. The LED ring is controlled through SPI lines (CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI).
Rotary click can be used with either a 3.3V or 5V power supply, selectable via a solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
This module also is available with green LEDs (Rotary G Click), red LEDs (Rotary R Click), or blue LEDs (Rotary B Click).
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Rotary Encoder Add-on Module Resources