Sensitive to North magnetic fields Hysteresis prevents output oscillation near switching point Can be used on either 3.3V or 5V systems
Uni Hall click has a unipolar Hall-effect switch, meaning it's sensitive to only to one magnetic pole. It produces a LOW logic level output when exposed to a north-pole magnetic field, and a HIGH logic level otherwise (i.e. when the north pole is taken away or a south pole is introduced).
Possible uses for this unipolar type of sensor are to make durable push buttons, or determine RPM by mounting it on a wheel, or detecting liquid level by attaching it to a float.
The board contains a Melexis US5881 unipolar Hall-effect switch and a 74LVC1T45 single-bit dual-supply transceiver.
The Uni Hall click module communicates with your target board via the mikroBUS INT line. It is designed to use either a 3.3V or a 5V power supply, selectable via a solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default). This selection also determines logic level voltage.
Other Hall-effect Sensor mikroBUS Modules
- Bi Hall Click — Bipolar version (LOW when exposed to north pole; HIGH when exposed to south pole; retains state when field is removed)
- Lin Hall Click — Linear version (output increases as north pole field approaches; decreases by south pole)
- 3D Hall Click — 3D version (detects position of magnet in space)
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Unipolar Hall-effect Sensor Add-on Module Resources