RTC2 Click is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. It features the Maxim DS1307 serial real-time clock (RTC). It is a low-power, full binary-coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar with programmable square-wave output signal. The DS1307 counts seconds, minutes, hours, days of the week, days of the month, and years with leap-year function. The board uses I2C interface for communication and features a 3V/230mA lithium battery as a backup power supply which ensures that timekeeping operation continues even when the main power supply goes off.
This board uses 5V power supply only. To add RTC function to a 3.3V system, see the other RTC Click board.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.