This XBee 3.3-5V Adapter Board comes in a partially assembled kit form and provides a cost-effective interface between a microcontroller and any XBee module. A voltage regulator and a 74LVC244A buffer is on the board for a reliable interface to a 5V supply, allowing for compatibility with both 3.3V and 5V microcontrollers.
This adapter board provides an easy interface to the XBee or XBee Pro modules by converting the 2mm pin spacing to breadboard-friendly 0.1-inch spacing. Through-hole pads allow you to connect pluggable wires or solder connections (a strip of header pins is included that you can solder). The board also has mounting holes.
The picture shows the XBee sockets installed, but the board comes with them loose. You must solder the sockets yourself.
XBee Adapter Board Features
- On-board 3.3V regulator and 5V-to-3.3V logic converter
- Four status indicator LEDs for Power, RSSI, Associate, and mode (sleep/ON)
- Converts XBee 2mm pin spacing to breadboard-friendly 0.1" spacing
- Provides easy pluggable wire or solder connections
- Compatible with 3.3V and 5V microcontrollers
- Voltage requirements: 3.3V to 5V DC
- Current requirements: Varies with XBee model
- Communication: Serial pass-through to XBee module
- Dimensions: 1.51 × 1.00 × 0.58 inches (38.3 × 25.6 × 14.8 mm) when headers are attached
- Operating temperature: -40 to +158 °F (-40 to +70 °C)