The 8051 Microcontroller: Hardware, Software, and Interfacing, 2nd edition, describes the entire field of embedded controllers -- hardware, software, and interfacing -- using the Intel 8051 microcontroller as an example. The emphasis throughout is on interfacing the 8051 to real-world devices such as switches, displays, motors, A/D converters, etc. -- through both assembly language and C language programming.
The 8051 Microcontroller: Hardware, Software, and Interfacing provides abundant programming examples both in assembly language and in C throughout. The authors also discuss device characteristics as well as many typical interfaces, such as RS-232 and IEEE-488. This book is an excellent reference for anyone whose work requires familiarity with microcontrollers.
307 pages, softcover, CD-ROM included
- Architecture of a Microcomputer
- The 8051 Single-Chip Microcontroller
- Interfacing: Hardware and Software
- State Machines and Interrupt Timing
- System Design Techniques
- Project Design
- Introduction to Assembly Languages
- MCS51 Programmers Guide and Instruction Set
- ASCII and EBCDIC Tables