CORE9G25 is a cost-effective System-on-Module (SoM) that can reduce the development time needed to design a low-power and low-EMI Linux Embedded device using an Atmel AT91SAM9G25 CPU.
The more complex hardware like CPU, RAM, Flash, Ethernet PHY, power and EMI components are integrated on a single SMD component at just 40×40 mm (1.57 × 1.57 inches) using a complex six-layer PCB. You can design your hardware around it.
To aid in initial development, you can purchase the CORE9G25-CON Development Board which has this module on it.
The CORE9G25 is based on the Acme Systems Aria G25 module, using the same size and pinout, but adding NAND Flash. It comes with a Buildroot Linux system pre-loaded in the NAND Flash, but also can boot more complex Linux such as Debian from an SD card.
SAM9G25 CPU Module Hardware Features
- CPU: Atmel AT91SAM9G25 ARM9 @ 400 MHz
- RAM: 128 or 256 MByte DDR2 (select below)
- Flash: 256MB NAND
- LAN: 10/100 Mbps (SMSC8720 PHY)
- USB: Up to three host ports: 1 High-Speed Host/Device, 1 High-Speed Host, 1 Full-Speed Host
- UART: Up to six serial lines
- I2C: Up to 2 I2C buses
- SPI: Up to 2 SPI buses
- GPIO: Up to 60 GPIO lines
- A/D: Four 10-bit channels
- Power supply: Single at 3.3V DC
- Consumption: see table below
- Line level: TTL 3.3V
- Temperature range: 0 to 70 °C (industrial version available with 1-month lead time)
- Size: 40 × 40 mm (1.57 × 1.57 inch)
- Weight: 5g
- Pads pitch: 1.27 mm (50 mil)
- PCB layers: 6
- User-configurable LED on board
- Can boot OS from NAND Flash or SD card
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Low EMI
- Availability: Parts expected to be available at least until 2022
|Ethernet Connected || ||Ethernet Not Connected |
|State ||µSD clock ||mA@3.3V ||Watts || ||State ||µSD clock ||mA@3.3V ||Watts |
|Bootstrap||44 MHz||210 mA||0.69W || ||Bootstrap||44 MHz||120 mA||0.40W |
|Idle||44 MHz||169 mA||0.56W || ||Idle||44 MHz||82 mA||0.27W |
|Idle||30 MHz||168 mA||0.55W || ||Idle||30 MHz||79 mA||0.26W |
|Idle||20 MHz||167 mA||0.55W || ||Idle||20 MHz||78 mA||0.26W |
|Idle||10 MHz||166 mA||0.55W || ||Idle||10 MHz||77 mA||0.25W |
|Idle||2.5 MHz||165 mA||0.54W || ||Idle||2.5 MHz||76 mA||0.25W |
SAM9G25 CPU Module Software Features
- Bootloader support (you can update the system via SD card, USB Disk or Ethernet)
- Linux kenel version: Linux 3.6.9
- Buildroot rootfs provided (pre-installed in the NAND Flash)
DHCP, SSH, Telnet, Test Demo Support
Expanded interfaces demo provided
Fully open-source firmware, software environments and toolchains available from Atmel sites
- Debian system image provided (you must install on SD card)
Thousands of open-source applications available from Debian repositories
Almost all programming languages available
C, Python, Perl and PHP already installed in the image provided
All the Bootloader/Linux Kernel Source code and system images are provided
SAM9G25 CPU Module Resources
The price of this board is based on a single-unit purchase, with compensation added for the cost of shipping from the manufacturer in China. Contact us to inquire about quantity purchases.
Choose the amount of DDR2 RAM you want using the Memory option below. Also, you can select the Temperature Range.
Note: The combination of 256MB memory with industrial temperature range (-40 to +85 °C) has a minimum order quantity of 100 pieces and carries a 1-month lead time. So if you want that specific configuration, please contact us about making the quantity purchase.
If you're purchasing a single board in any of the other three possible configurations, you can proceed with an online order.
Ships from: China
Lead time: 1 week typically