The SEED-DIM3517 CPU is a DIMM card with a Texas Instruments AM3517 Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor. It can be connected to a system via a standard DIMM-200 with locking mechanism, and has screw holes for secure mounting.
DIM3517 CPU Board Features
- Processor: AM3517
- NAND Flash: 512 MBytes
- DDR2: 64M × 16-bit × 2
- LAN port PHY
- On-board RTC
- DIMM connector interface
- 14-pin JTAG header
AM3517 Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 CPU AM3517 is a high-performance ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor with speeds up to 600 MHz. The device offers 3D graphics acceleration while also supporting numerous peripherals, including DDR2, CAN, EMAC, and USB OTG PHY that are well suited for industrial apllications.
The processor can support other applications, including Single Board Computers, Home & Industrial Automation, and Digital Signage.
The device supports high-level operating systems such as Linux, Windows CE and Android.
The following subsystems are part of the device:
- Microprocessor unit (MPU) subsystem based on the ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor
- POWERVR SGX Graphics Accelerator Subsystem for 3D graphics acceleration to support display and gaming effects
- Display subsystem with several features for multiple concurrent image manipulations, and a programmable interface supporting a wide variety of displays.
- 600 MHz Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 core
- NEON SIMD Coprocessor and Vector floating point (FP) co-processor
- 166 MHz 16/32-bit mDDR/DDR2 Interface with 1 GByte total addressable space
- Up to 83 MHz General Purpose Memory Interface supporting 16-bit Wide Multiplexed Address/Data bus
- 64 KByte shared SRAM
- 3 Removable Media Interfaces [MMC/SD/SDIO]
- mDDR/DDR2 IO Voltage: 1.8V
- Other IO Voltage: 1.8V and 3.3V
- Core Voltage: 1.2V
- 16-bit Video Input Port capable of capturing HD video
- 491-pin sBGA package (17×17, 0.65 mm pitch)
- HD resolution Display Subsystem
- High-End CAN Controller
- 10/100 Mbit Ethernet MAC
SEED-DIM3517 Block Diagram
You also can purchase this CPU module with a development board and software tools, or that development kit plus a touchscreen LCD.
Lead time: 1 week