The ARM Cortex-M4F processor was developed to provide a low-cost platform that meets the needs of MCU implementation, with a reduced pin count and low-power consumption, while delivering outstanding computational performance and an advanced system response to interrupts. The ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit RISC processor features exceptional code efficiency, delivering the high performance expected from an ARM core in the memory size usually associated with 8-bit and 16-bit devices. It also features a Floating Point Unit (FPU) which supports all ARM single-precision data-processing instructions and data types.
The STM32F405 Performance Line family has an embedded ARM core and is therefore compatible with all ARM tools and software. It combines the high-performance ARM Cortex-M4F CPU with an extensive range of peripheral functions and enhanced I/O capabilities. In addition, it implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
STM32-405STK is a starter kit board that allows you to explore all STM32F405 capabilities. It has a Nokia 3310 BW 84×48 LCD, buttons, SD/MMC card slot, mini-USB port, accelerometer, 2.4GHz RF transceiver, audio input and audio output. It is powered by a single 1.5V AA cell battery.
STM32F405RGT6 (ARM Cortex-M4) Board Features
- STM32F405RGT6 ARM Cortex-M4, 32-bit CPU with 1024kB Flash and 192kB SRAM, USB, CAN, 2x I2C, 2x 12-bit ADC, 3x UART, 2x SPI, 3x Timers, up to 168 MHz operation
- Standard 2×10-pin ARM JTAG connector
- mini-USB connector
- Nokia 3310 BW 84×48-pixel LCD
- 1.5V battery connector with step-up converter
- 3-axis accelerometer, Bosch BMA250
- SD/MMC card slot
- 2.4 GHz RF transceiver, Nordic nRF23L01
- Audio input
- Audio output
- Two user buttions
- Joystick with four directions and push action
- UEXT connector (see below)
- Reset button
- Status LED
- 8 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32.768 kHz crystal and RTC backup battery connector
- Extension headers for all MCU ports
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), soldermask, silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 90 × 65 mm (3.5 × 2.5 inches)
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
STM32F405RGT6 (ARM Cortex-M4) Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item