LPC1830-Xplorer is a breakout board for the NXP LPC1830 ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller. The LPC1830 is a high-performance, cost-effective Cortex-M3 microcontroller featuring 200 kB of SRAM, and advanced peripherals including Ethernet, High-Speed USB 2.0 Host/OTG/Device, and CAN 2.0B. Operating at speeds up to 180 MHz, the LPC1830 also features two new configurable peripherals: a SPI Flash Interface and a State Configurable Timer. Other features include a Wakeup Interrupt Controller, allowing automatic wake from any priority interrupt, as well as four reduced-power modes: Sleep, Deep-Sleep, Power-Down, and Deep Power-Down.
The LPC1830-Xplorer was developed in partnership with NXP Semiconductors Inc.
LPC1830 Header Board Features
The board ships with one USB Device cable and one USB Host Adapter cable.
- Controller: LPC1830, 100-pin BGA
- PCB: 4-layer (86mm × 40mm)
- Two LEDs
- One user switch and one reset switch
- Boot select switch
- 32Mb Quad Flash
- On-board crystals for controller, RTC and audio codec
- On-board Ethernet PHY, 50 MHz Oscillator and RJ45 connector with magnetics
- On-board audio codec and audio jacks
- On-board USB host power switch
- On-board microSD card slot
- Two USB ports (micro-USB), one HS (High speed) port and one FS (Full Speed) port
- 10-pin Cortex Debug header
- Unused I/Os brought to a header
Development Tools This board is not tied to any particular development environment. You can use whatever tools you want that are compatible with the LPC1830 microcontroller. Possible software tools include Keil µVision4 (32K code limitation on free version) or LPCXpresso (free for code up to 128K).
LPC1830 Development Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item