Atmel SAM3S4C (ARM-Cortex M3) Board with TFT LCD, USB Device, 1x RS232, 1x CAN and SD Card Interfaces
The EB-SAM3S4C Development Board features the Atmel SAM3S4C processor with 32-Bit ARM Cortex-M3 RISC core. The ATMEL SAM3S4C operates at up to 64 MHz and features 256 KBytes of Flash and 48Kbytes of SRAM memory. The ATSAM3S4C's integrated peripherals include a Full- Speed USB Device port with embedded transceiver, a High Speed SDIO/SD/MMC Interface, External Bus-Interface with Nand Flash controller, 2x USART, 2x UART, 2x I2C, 3x SPI, 1x I2S, 1x PWM timer, 6x 16-bit timers, RTC, 12-bit ADC, 12-bit DAC and an Analog comparator.
The CD-ROM that ships with the board includes demo source code for several of those peripherals, giving you a jump start on developing your own applications.
Atmel SAM3S4C Board Features
- Serial Port A standard DB9 connector is on the ATSAM3S4C board for the ATSAM3S4CS built-in UART interfaces. This is a full duplex, serial port.
- CAN Port A standard DB9 connector for applications requiring CAN communications.
- USB Port A standard USB Type B connector for applications requiring USB communications.
- LCD Display A detachable, 240x320 TFT, color LCD display. You may use this graphic display device to show real-time debug and program status messages.
A removable lithium battery is included on the ATSAM3S4C to maintain power to the real-time clock when the board disconnects from the main power supply.
Analog Voltage Control for ADC Input
An adjustable analog voltage source for testing the Analog to Digital converter built into the ATSAM3U.
- External Memory The ATSAM3S4C board includes 1 MBytes of external static RAM and 8 MBytes of external SPI Flash memory.
- MicroSD Card Connector A MicroSD Card connector for developing applications requiring access to MicroSD cards.
- ETM Trace Debug An ETM connector for on-chip debugging via the Embedded Trace Macrocell capabilities of the SAM3S4C device.
- JTAG Download and Debug A JTAG on-chip debug interface provides flash programming and real-time in-circuit emulation of the SAM3S4C device. (requires optional ARM JTAG Debugger)
| Parameter || |
| Supply Voltage || 5 Volts DC (provided by power adapter)|
| Supply Current || 210mA typical, 320mA maximum|
| XTAL Frequency || 12 MHz|
| Microcontroller || Atmel SAM3S4C; Cortex-M3 32-Bit. 64MHz|
| Peripherals || 2x RS232 Interface,|
1x USB Device Interface (High-speed),
1x 2.8" Color graphic display (240x320),
1x MicroSD Memory Card connector,
1x JTAG Interface,
5x Push Buttons (Reset, Wake Up, Tampering, User),
1 x RTC Unit with Battery,
1x Analog Input (connected to potentiometer),
1x Analog Output (connected to speaker by default)
| Board Size || 135mm x 90mm (5.3" x 3.5")|
| Weight || 500g|
Software and Examples
Embest provides plenty of software examples for this evaluation board, all in source code. These software examples can be compiled and debugged under the popular Keil Realview MDK (Microcontroller Development Kit) environment, making practical use of the board's peripherals. Note: To download your compiled code onto the board and debug it in-circuit you will need a ARM JTAG Debugger that is compatible with the Keil Realview MDK, such as the emLink.
The CD-ROM includes several example programs that are configured for the Embest ATSAM3U Board.
All examples are configured for two Keil μVision targets:
- Simulator — where the program runs in the software simulator.
- FLASH — where the program runs from internal Flash located on the microcontroller.
All examples use the same file structure:
- Text file (.txt) contains a short description of the example.
- Assembly Code (.s) contains the startup code and the initialization of the microcontroller's peripherals.
- Example-dependent source code and Keil uVision project file.
- Each example program is stored in a separate folder and can be copied into the uVision project folder to help you quickly build the project and run the program.
- All example projects and an evaluation version of the Keil Realview MDK are available on the included CD-ROM.
Packing List 1x Atmel SAM3S4C Evaluation board with TFT screen
1x Mini USB Cable: Supply power to the board and for software downloads
1x Serial Cable
ATSAM3S4C Board Resources
Ships from: China
Lead time: 8 weeks