The SAM3-H256 is a header board with an Atmel ATSAM3S4BA-AU microcontroller. The board has JTAG and USB connectors, extension headers for all the microcontroller's ports, Reset button, power and status LEDs.
Atmel's ATSAM3S4BA is a member of a series of Flash microcontrollers based on the high-performance 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 RISC processor. It operates at a maximum speed of 64 MHz and features 256 Kbyte Flash and 48 Kbyte SRAM, Full-Speed USB Device port with embedded transceiver, a High-Speed MCI for SDIO/SD/MMC, an External Bus Interface featuring a Static Memory Controller providing connection to SRAM, PSRAM, NOR Flash and NAND Flash, 2x USARTs, 2x UARTs, 2x TWIs, 3x SPI, an I2S, as well as a PWM timer, 6x general-purpose 16-bit timers, an RTC, an ADC, a 12-bit DAC and an analog comparator.
This board can be powered 5V via USB or 5V via VIN on EXT2 pin 17.
Using SAM-BA software, the ATSAM3S4BA-AU on this board can be programmed via USB port. Before being able to use SAM-BA, a recovery procedure, which consists of copying the SAM-BA Boot Assistant into Flash, must be performed. See the user manual (available to download below) for instructions.
ATSAM3S4BA Header Board Features
- CPU: Atmel ATSAM3S4BA-AU ARM Cortex-M3
- JTAG connector with ARM 2×10-pin layout for programming/debugging
- USB connector
- Status LED
- On-board voltage regulator 3.3V with up to 800mA current
- Power supply LED
- Power supply filtering capacitor
- Reset circuit
- Reset button
- 12 MHz crystal in socket
- TST jumper for SAM-BA downloading
- Extension headers for all µC ports plus RST and power supply
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), soldermask, silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 50 × 33.75 mm (1.97 × 1.33")
- Distance between headers: 25.4 mm (1")
ATSAM3S4BA Header Board Resources
This board does not ship with any documentation or software. Please use the links above. If you need a programmer/debugger, see our ARM JTAG Debuggers category.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item