The ARM Cortex-M4F processor was developed to provide a low-cost platform that meets the needs of MCU implementation, with a reduced pin count and low-power consumption, while delivering outstanding computational performance and an advanced system response to interrupts. The ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit RISC processor features exceptional code efficiency, delivering the high performance expected from an ARM core in the memory size usually associated with 8-bit and 16-bit devices. It also features a Floating Point Unit (FPU) which supports all ARM single-precision data-processing instructions and data types.
The STM32F405 Performance Line family has an embedded ARM core and is therefore compatible with all ARM tools and software. It combines the high-performance ARM Cortex-M4F CPU with an extensive range of peripheral functions and enhanced I/O capabilities. In addition, it implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
STM32-P405 is a good board for experimenting with the STM32F405 processor. It has RS232, USB and CAN interfaces on board, and a prototyping area with all the MCU signals near it so you can implement your own circuit. In addition, it has a UEXT port for easy connection of add-on peripheral modules.
STM32F405RGT6 (ARM Cortex-M4) Board Features
- STM32F405RGT6 ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit CPU with 1024kB Flash and 192kB SRAM, USB, CAN, 2x I2C, 2x 12-bit ADC, 3x UART, 2x SPI, 3x Timers, up to 168 MHz operation
- Standard 2×10-pin ARM JTAG connector
- USB connector
- USB connector
- CAN driver and screw terminal connector
- RS232 driver and DB9F connector
- UEXT connector (see below)
- SD/MMC connector
- JST connector for backup battery power
- Reset button
- Status LED
- Power supply LED
- On-board voltage regulator, 3.3V up to 800mA
- Takes power either from USB or from power supply jack
- 8 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32.768 kHz crystal and RTC backup battery connector
- Extension headers for all MCU ports
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), soldermask, silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 100 × 90 mm (3.94 × 3.5 inches)
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
STM32F405RGT6 (ARM Cortex-M4) Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft., A-Male / B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Rectangular Pin Header, Male, 1x40 Single Row, 2.54mm Spacing||+|| US$0.75|
|Jumper Wires, M-F, 5" (Qty 10) and 40-pin Header||+|| US$6.00|
|Jumper Wires, Premium, M-M, 155mm (Qty 10), 2 ea. @ 5 colors||+|| US$3.95|