The DAISY-8 module lets you control up to two loads (max. 3A @ 250V AC) and read up to two dry-contact inputs. This board is part of the modular Daisy System that can be controlled by the FOX Board G20 via the DAISY-1 Adapter, or by the Terra Board.
You can chain two DAISY-8 modules together, and the Fox and Terra boards can run two such chains, thus you can have up to four DAISY-8 modules, providing eight input and output channels.
The Daisy ports that can be used are:
- D2 and/or D5 on the DAISY-1 adapter (Fox)
- D11 and/or D12 on the Terra Board
Be sure to get a 0.05" pitch 2x5 IDC cable (FC-19818-10P-FF) to make the connection. The cable is not included. You'll need one for each DAISY-8 module.
Daisy System Relay I/O Module Features
Two digital input channels for buttons, switches, relays, or +V line
- Max. input voltage: 48V
- Input LC Pi filter to reduce high-frequency noise
- Status LED on each channel (turns on when open or input voltage is over 1.8V)
Two normally open, 1-way relay contact channels
- Max. voltage: 250V AC or 220V DC
- Max. switching power: 60W
- Max. current: 2A
- Status LED on each channel (turns on when contact is closed)
DAISY-8 Python Code Examples The following examples assume the DAISY-8 module is connected to the Terra Board's D11 port. You can modify the code easily to run it from a different port, e.g. Fox Board port D2.
These examples call the ablib Library, so download that too if you haven't already.
- input.py reads the IN0 and IN1 state of a single DAISY-8
- input2.py reads the IN0 and IN1 state of two DAISY-8 modules chained from the same Daisy port
- relay.py sets the RL0 and RL1 state of a single DAISY-8
- relay2.py sets the RL0 and RL1 state of two DAISY-8 modules chained from the same Daisy port
Daisy System Relay I/O Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item