The SBC2410-III is a cost-effective application-ready board integrating Samsung's S3C2410A ARM9 System-on-Chip with a compact kernel board mounted on a carrier board. The kernel board provides most of the functions, and the carrier board provides connectors and several additional functions. The kernel board has S3C2410A CPU, 64MByte Nand Flash, and 32MByte SDRAM on it. The carrier board has different ports and various peripherals on it, such as USB Host, USB Device, hard-disk port, serial ports, Ethernet interface, LCD interface, audio, battery, LEDs, test and reset buttons, etc. The kernel board attaches to the carrier board through a 112-pin (2mm space) connector.
The image to the right shows a hard drive installed, but one is not included.
The board comes preloaded with Linux, and is provided with compiler, kernel, bootloader, and example software. The SBC2410-III is capable of supporting WinCE4.2/WinCE5.0 OS also.
The S3C2410A consists of a 16/32-bit RISC microprocessor, separate 16KB Instruction and 16KB Data caches, MMU to handle virtual memory management, LCD controller (STN & TFT), NAND Flash Boot loader, System Manager (chip select logic, SDRAM controller), 3-channel UART with handshake, 4-channel DMA, 4-channel Timers with PWM, I/O Ports, RTC, 8-channel 10-bit ADC and Touch screen interface, IIC bus interface, IIS bus interface, USB Host, USB Device, SD Host & Multi-Media Card interface, 2-channel SPI and PLL for clock generation. Schematic Diagram
Samsung S3C2410A Board Features
- Dimensions: 135 x 169 mm (carrier board), 58 x 36 mm (kernel board)
- Working temperature: -20 to +70 °C
- Power supply: +12V
- Samsung S3C2410A (ARM920T core with MMU capable of 266+ MHz operation)
- 64MByte Nand Flash, 64MByte SDRAM
- LCD interface (STN or TFT; supports resolution up to 1024x768)
- 10Mbps Ethernet interface
- 3 serial ports (can be extended to RS485 interface)
- 1 USB host and 1 USB device
- Audio Input/Output
- RTC with battery backup
- Standard 20-pin JTAG interface
- SD / MMC card interface
- 4 Status LEDs
- 4 Test buttons
- Power switch
- Reset button
- IDE44 port: for 2.5" hard disk (hard drive not included)
- System interfaces:
- SPI x 1
- I2C x 1
- I2S x 1 (generally for extension audio in/out; can also be used as GPIO)
- ADC x 2 (10 bit precision)
- PWM x 1
- External interrupt x 8
Samsung S3C2410A Board Software
The board is able to support Linux and WinCE4.2/WinCE5.0 OS. Linux comes pre-loaded on the board. Compiler, kernel source code, bootloader source code and example software for Linux are all provided.
- arm-linux-toolchains (cross compiler tool made by Embest)
- busybox-1.00 (kernel source code including various drivers)
- examples (applications source code)
- Jflash (Program bootloader on PC)
- kernel_2.4.18 (yaffs file system)
- arm-qtopia.tgz (the latest Qtopia source code for ARM)
- x86-qtopia.tgz (the latest Qtopia source code for X86)
- vivi (bootloader source code)
Windows development is possible with the Embest IDE for ARM. This full-featured integrated development environment can be used to develop applications, download binaries to the target, and debug applications. It is available in the A1 and A2 bundles, which contain different JTAG hardware units.
Use the option box below to add an NMA35QV65-B1-K01 3.5-inch TFT touchscreen LCD with backlight to your order.
Ships from: China
Lead time: 1 week
|Optional LCD display:||