LPC-2478STK is a starter kit which uses the LPC2478 MCU from NXP. This powerful MCU supports various serial interfaces such as USB host, USB device, UART, CAN, etc. In addition, you will find audio input and output as well as MP3 decoder, digital accelerometer, JTAG, Ethernet, touchscreen TFT display, and SD/MMC card connector on this board. All this along with the ARM7TDMI-S architecture and uC Linux allow you to build powerful applications to be used in a wide range of situations.
Note: The image to the right shows this board with MICTOR Trace and IrDA components installed, but these are not included.
LPC2478 Development Board Features
- MCU: LPC2478
- LCD 3.5'' 320x200 24-bit color TFT with backlight and touchscreen (mounted on underside of board)
- MP3 decoder DSP + codec VS1002D
- 3-axis digital accelerometer with 11-bit accuracy
- 64 MB SDRAM
- USB host connector
- USB device connector
- PS2 keyboard connector
- 100Mbit Ethernet
- CAN driver and connector
- RS232 with ICSP control
- SD/MMC card connector
- Standard 20-pin ARM JTAG connector
- Reset button and circuit
- 2 user buttons
- 1 trimpot
- UEXT connector (see below)
- Audio IN
- Audio OUT
- RTC battery
- FR-4, 1.5 mm, red soldermask, component print
- Dimensions: 134.6 x 101.5mm (5.3 x 4.0'')
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
LPC2478 Development Board Software
The board comes pre-loaded with Uboot, and the CD contains a ucLinux image you can copy to a USB flash disk and boot. You can use GCC or a commercial ARM compiler if you want to develop without ucLinux RTOS.
LPC2478 Processor Features
- ARM7TDMI-S processor, running at up to 72 MHz.
- 512 kB on-chip flash program memory with In-System Programming (ISP) and In-Application Programming (IAP) capabilities. Flash program memory is on the ARM local bus for high performance CPU access.
- 98 kB on-chip SRAM includes:
- 64 kB of SRAM on the ARM local bus for high performance CPU access.
- 16 kB SRAM for Ethernet interface. Can also be used as general-purpose SRAM.
- 16 kB SRAM for general purpose DMA use also accessible by the USB.
- 2 kB SRAM data storage powered from the RTC power domain.
- LCD controller, supporting both Super-Twisted Nematic (STN) and Thin-Film Transistors (TFT) displays.
- Dedicated DMA controller.
- Selectable display resolution (up to 1024 × 768 pixels).
- Supports up to 24-bit true-color mode.
- Dual Advanced High-performance Bus (AHB) system allows simultaneous Ethernet DMA, USB DMA, and program execution from on-chip flash with no contention.
- EMC provides support for asynchronous static memory devices such as RAM, ROM and flash, as well as dynamic memories such as Single Data Rate SDRAM.
- Advanced Vectored Interrupt Controller (VIC), supporting up to 32 vectored interrupts.
- General Purpose AHB DMA controller (GPDMA) that can be used with and SD/MMC interface as well as for memory-to-memory transfers.
- Ethernet MAC with MII/RMII interface and associated DMA controller. These functions reside on an independent AHB.
- USB 2.0 full-speed dual-port device/host/OTG controller with on-chip PHY and associated DMA controller
- Four UARTs with fractional baud rate generation: one with modem control I/O, one with IrDA support; all with FIFO
- CAN controller with two channels
- SPI controller
- Two SSP controllers, with FIFO and multi-protocol capabilities. One is an alternate for the SPI port, sharing its interrupt. SSPs can be used with the GPDMA controller.
- Three I2C-bus interfaces (one with open-drain and two with standard port pins).
- I2S (Inter-IC Sound) interface for digital audio input or output. It can be used with the GPDMA.
- SD/MMC memory card interface.
- 160 General purpose I/O pins with configurable pull-up/down resistors.
- 10-bit ADC with input multiplexing among 8 pins.
- 10-bit DAC.
- Four general-purpose timers/counters with 8 capture inputs and 10 compare outputs. Each timer block has an external count input.
- Two PWM/timer blocks with support for three-phase motor control. Each PWM has an external count inputs.
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) with separate power domain. Clock source can be the RTC oscillator or the APB clock.
- 2 kB SRAM powered from the RTC power pin, allowing data to be stored when the rest of the chip is powered off.
- WatchDog Timer (WDT). The WDT can be clocked from the internal RC oscillator, the RTC oscillator, or the APB clock.
LPC2478 Development Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft., A-Male / B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|White Earphones with 3.5mm Stereo Connector||+|| US$5.00|
|Portable Self-Powered Speaker, 3.5mm Plug, Li-Ion Battery||+|| US$14.99|