STM32F407VGT6 ARM Cortex-M4 CPU Module with Expansion Board Expansion Board adds peripherals including UART, Ethernet, CAN, Camera, LCD, TF, SPI, I2C, etc. Supports optional 3.5-inch LCD Module and 1.3-Megapixel Digital Camera Module Supports uC/OS-II_v2.86 & UCGUI_v3.90a Supports FatFs_vR0.08a File System (Used for microSD card) Supports LwIP_v1.3.2 Protocol Stack
This kit, referred to as DevKit407, is a combination of the STMicroelectronics STM32F4DISCOVERY module and the Embest DM-STF4BB Expansion Board, with optional LCD and camera modules available as well.
The STM32F4DISCOVERY board is built upon the STM32F407VGT6 ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller, and includes an ST-LINK/V2 embedded debug tool, two ST MEMS, a digital accelerometer and digital microphone, one audio DAC with integrated class D speaker driver, LEDs and push buttons, and a USB OTG micro-AB connector.
The DM-STF4BB Expansion Board adds functionality to the STF32F4DISCOVERY by providing serial ports, USB, Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C, GPIO, Camera, microSD Card, LCD and Touch Screen interfaces. The combination of the DM-STF4BB and the STM32F4DISCOVERY (i.e. DevKit407) forms an ideal system for evaluating the STM32F4xx series ARM Cortex-M4 microcontrollers and allows easy prototyping of third-party solutions with STM32F4DISCOVERY board or STM32F4xx series microcontrollers.
Embest has ported uC/OS-II to the DevKit407 board, and the software also features GUI support on uC/OS-II and LwIP_v1.3.2 protocol support. This kit includes rich software examples for DevKit407 besides those provided by STM32F4DISCOVERY kit. The included CD contains these examples plus the uC/OS-II BSP, board schematic and user manual.
STM32F4DISCOVERY Mainboard Features
- STM32F407VGT6 microcontroller with 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F core, 1 MB Flash, 192KB RAM in LQFP100
- On-board ST-LINK/V2 with selection mode switch to use the kit as a standalone ST-LINK/V2 (with SWD connector for programming and debugging)
- Board powered through USB or from an external 5V supply
- External application power supply: 3V and 5V
- LIS302DL, ST MEMS motion sensor, 3-axis digital-output accelerometer
- MP45DT02, ST MEMS audio sensor, omni-directional digital microphone
- CS43L22, audio DAC with integrated class D speaker driver
- Red/green LED for USB communication
- Red LED for 3.3V power on
- Four user LEDs — orange, green, red, and blue
- Two USB OTG LEDs — green (VBus) and red (over-current)
- Two push buttons (user and reset)
- USB OTG FS with micro-AB connector
- Extension header for all LQFP100 I/Os for quick connection to prototyping board and easy probing
DM-STF4BB Expansion Board Features
- Working and Storage Temp.: 0 to 45 °C
- Power consumption: +5V @ 80mA (working without LCD)
- Dimensions: 97.03 × 83 mm
- LCD parallel interface, 16-bit, 8080 mode
- 4-wire resistive touch screen interface
- Camera interface (supports 1.3-megapixel digital camera, multiplexed with UART6)
- One RS232 Serial port (UART6, DB9 connector, multiplexed with camera interface, can be selected by jumpers JP1 and JP2)
- One USB2.0 FS OTG/device/host port (12Mbps, Micro-AB type connector)
- One 10/100Mbps Ethernet interface
- One 2.54mm-pitch 2×20-pin expansion connector brings out the following hardware peripherals:
5 Serial ports, TTL voltage (multiplexed with some functions)
CAN2.0B interface (need to extend CAN transceivers)
- Support for uC/OS-II_v2.86 operating system
- Supports UCGUI_v3.90a
- Supports FatFs_vR0.08a file system
- Supports LWIP_v1.3.2 protocol stack
Development Environment Support
- IAR EW-ARM: All drivers support IAR EW-ARM versions 6.40 and above. uC/OS-II and uC-GUI demos do not support EW-ARM at present.
- Keil MDK-ARM: All drivers and applications support Keil MDK-ARM versions 4.22a and above.
Debug Tools Support
- ULINK2: Best to use with Keil MDK-ARM.
- J-Link: Best to use with IAR EW-ARM.
- ST-LINK/V2: Can be used with either MDK-ARM or EW-ARM.
Drivers and Software Examples
|Function ||Name ||Description |
|USART ||USART_Printf||Hyperterminal I/O example |
|SDIO ||uSDCard||Read, write and erase microSD card |
|FatFs||Port FatFs file system to microSD card |
|LCD ||LCD_35T||3.5-inch TFT LCD driver testing example |
|LCD_Touch||Touch screen testing example |
|DCMI ||OV9655_Camera||DM-CAM130 module demo; can take photos |
|httpserver||Webserver application demo |
|tcp_echo_client||Simple echo application demo of TCP client end |
|tcp_echo_server||Simple echo application demo of TCP server end |
|udp_echo_client||Simple echo application demo of UDP client end |
|udp_echo_server||Simple echo application demo of UDP server end |
|httpserver_netconn||Webserver application demo based on netconn |
|Httpserver_socket||Webserver application demo based on socket |
|udptcp_echo_server_netconn||Echo application demo based on TCP/UDF server of netconn |
|DFU||DevKit407 as DFU equipment; you can use it for system firmware upgrades |
|MSC||DevKit407 as Mass Storage Device, implementing data exchange between Host and board |
|VCP||DevKit407 as Virtual COM Port; you can regard the board as a USB-to-UART converter |
|HID||DevKit407 as an HID Host; it can recognize USB mouse and USB keyboard |
|MSC||DevKit407 as Mass Storage Device Host; it can recognize U disc and some other mobile storage devices |
The software also includes a uC/OS-II-v2.86 BSP and a uC/OS-II-v2.86 with uC/GUI-v3.90a BSP.
Optional LCD and Camera Modules Use the option selectors below if you want to add a 3.5-inch TFT LCD with touchscreen (320×240) and/or a digital camera module (1.3 megapixel) to your order. The image below shows the DevKit407 with those two modules attached.
STM32F407VGT6 Development Kit Contents
- STM32DISCOVERY Board
- DM-STF4BB Expansion Board
- USB Cable (A Male to Mini-B Male)
- CD-ROM with user manual, schematic, datasheet, uC/OS-II BSP and software examples
- Any optional modules that you select below
STM32F407VGT6 Development Kit Resources
Ships from: China
Lead time: 1 week