The MSP430-GBD development board is an example of how digital signal processing may be done with a low-cost and low-power MSP430 microcontroller. The design is based on TI Application Notes SLAA351 (Simple Glass Break Detector) and SLAA389 (Robust Glass Break Detector).
The application software provided below makes it like a simple glass break detector. There is an LED and buzzer indication when a glass break is detected. The board can be used as sensor evaluation in an introduction to digital filtering. The sources are available and you can modify them for your own development.
MSP430F2274A Glass Break Detector Board Features
- MCU: MSP430F2274A with 32K Bytes Program Flash, 256 Bytes data Flash, 1K Bytes RAM
- JTAG connector
- UEXT connector (see below)
- Status LED
- 3V Lithium coin cell battery connector (battery not included)
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), solder mask, silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 42 × 41 mm (1.65 × 1.6")
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
MSP430F2274A Glass Break Detector Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item