The special "T" shape of the PIC32-T795 allows it to plug into a typical solderless breadboard and supply VCC and GND to the breadboard bus. Then you simply can use M/M Jumper Wires to develop a DuinoMite or Pinguino system without the need to solder anything. You can also develop for this board using MPIDE.
The board incorporates UEXT and USB-OTG for attaching peripheral devices. A 6-pin single-row ICSP header can be used for programming the PIC32 with the PIC-KIT3 or other compatible programmer/debugger.
PIC32MX795 DuinoMite/Pinguino Development Board Features
- PIC32MX795F512H 80 MHz microcontroller with 512KB Flash, 128KB RAM, 3x SPI, 4x I2C, USB OTG, 1Msps ADC, PMP 80MHz digital capture, 5 Timers/CCP, 53 GPIOs
- USB On-The-Go (mini-USB) for both USB Host and USB Device function; allows implementation of Google Android ADK for example
- UEXT connector for adding peripheral modules (see below)
- Two LEDs
- User and Reset buttons
- All PIC ports available on 0.1" connectors
- ICSP connector, 6-pin single-row, 0.1" step
- Dimensions: 87 × 54 mm (3.4 × 2.12")
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
Warning for PICkit3 Users Be very careful not to press the "Programmer-to-Go" button when there is no image on the programmer (either the Olimex PIC-KIT3 or Microchip's own PICkit3). Doing so will put the PIC32 microcontroller into an irrecoverable state. See this Microchip Forum thread for details.
PIC32MX795 DuinoMite/Pinguino Development Board Resources
Pinguino IDE Files
DuinoMite IDE Files
MPIDE Files MPIDE is an Arduino-like development environment that supports multiple platforms. You will need a PIC32 in-system programmer (e.g. PIC-KIT3) in order to load the DuinoMite MPIDE-Compatible Bootloader Firmware or Olimex Pinguino MPIDE-Compatible Bootloader Firmware.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item