Extra Hand-Held 8-Way Field and Production Programmer for Atmel AVR microcontrollers
To load program code into this Handheld Programmer, you need the AVR Hand-Held 8-Way Programmer Starter Kit or the single-target AVR Hand-Held Programmer Starter Kit.
The ultimate programming tool for AVR microcontrollers, in the field or on the production line — so easy a child can use it! Just load it once with up to eight programs and then program target devices again and again.
You need just one starter kit for your PC, then you can load as many programmers as you require.
Simply connect the starter kit dongle (not included; see above) to your USB port and run the master software. Select your code file, device type and settings (e.g. fuses), and now you can load the programmer with your program or test code in seconds. As the programmer is battery powered during load, you don't need any power supplies or cabling; just plug a programmer into the lead that was supplied with your starter kit. Once a programmer is loaded, it is completely portable and can be used where you need it — not where your PC is located. The 8-way programmer can store up to eight different programs and EEPROM data for different AVR microcontroller targets, selectable using a dial on the front of the programmer.
The Handheld Programmer features one-button operation, auto sensing of target, auto verification and an error indicator. In most cases, the target circuit does not need to be powered, and low-voltage targets are supported. It can power the target circuit at 0-5V Vcc, up to 150mA with over-current trip. The 8-way programmer has 2MB of memory and is powered by a common 9V PP3 battery, or by an external power supply. If your target circuit requires more than 150mA current, it must be self-powered or the programmer must be powered by an external supply.
When it's time to program new code into your devices, simply reconnect the handheld programmer to the PC, load the new code into it, and you're ready to go again.
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Features
This programmer should be used with Atmel-recommended ISP circuits. It also supports the JTAG programming algorithm. A JTAG adapter is available as an add-on option at the bottom of this page.
- Hand-held programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Eight-way rotary switch to select slot
- 256KB memory space per slot for code and EEPROM data
- Single-button operation
- Load it once; program targets forever
- Reload new programs as often as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 1.8 to 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: 106 × 58 × 25 mm (4.5 × 2.5 × 1 inches)
AVR Microcontroller Device Support Supports all Low Voltage (L, V) and PicoPower (P) Devices, as well as A and PA variants.
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515, AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
Power Supply If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery (or require more current), the power supply required is 9V with a 5.0/2.1mm barrel connector. See below for optional universal power supplies that can be used in most countries.
To load program code into this Handheld Programmer, you need the AVR Hand-Held 8-Way Programmer Starter Kit or the single-target AVR Hand-Held Programmer Starter Kit. The starter kit includes one of these programmers. This order page is for owners of a starter kit who wish to purchase additional programmers.
Country of Origin: UK
Optional Recommended Products for this Item