16-bit RGB color sensor (also has 12-bit mode) Can operate in lighting from 5.7 millilux to 10,000 lux ADC rejects 50Hz and 60Hz flicker from artificial sources IR blocking filter I2C interface 3.3V power supply
Color 2 click carries the ISL29125 RGB color light sensor. It detects red, green and blue in a variety of lighting conditions, generating 16-bit output in a measuring range from 5.7 mlux to 10,000 lux. Both the range and output resolution are selectable (narrower vs wider bandwidth, 12 vs 16 bit). The sensor also incorporates an IR blocking filter, allowing Color 2 click to work even under a dark glass cover. The integrated ADC also rejects 50Hz and 60Hz flicker from artificial light sources.
It's your choice whether to use 12 or 16 bits. The best approach is to use 12 bits in the narrower measuring range between 5.7 mlux and 375 lux, and 16 bits for the wider range of 0.152 lux to 10,000 lux.
The board communicates with your target MCU through the mikroBUS I2C interface (SCL and SDA pins). A programmable interrupt pin also is available.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Color Sensor Module Resources