Atmel SAMA5D31 ARM Cortex-A5 processor, 536 MHz 256MB DDR SDRAM, 256MB Nand Flash, 4MB DataFlash, 64KB EEPROM Serial ports, USB, RS485, SD, Audio, LCD interfaces Ready-to-run Linux 3.6.9 and Android 4.0.4 Optional 4.3" (480×272) or 7" (800×480) touchscreen LCD available
The MYD-SAMA5D31-C development board contains a CPU module with an Atmel SAMA5D31 ARM Cortex-A5 processor running at 536 MHz. This is a full-function evaluation kit with rich peripheral interfaces and includes Linux 3.6.9 and Android operating systems with source code.
The CPU module board features 256MB DDR2 SDRAM, 256MB NandFlash, 4MB DataFlash and 64KB EEPROM, as well as Ethernet PHY. It connects to the main board via two sets of 2×40-pin 2mm-pitch male headers. The main board interfaces include six serial ports, one Gigabit Ethernet port (not supported by SAMA5D31), two CAN (not supported by SAMA5D31), two USB Hosts, one USB OTG, microSD slot, JTAG port, LCD interface, and more. The MYD-SAMA5D31-C development board is provided with detailed schematic documents, datasheet, user manual and fully developed Linux and Android BSP including full peripheral driver source code so that you can evaluate the SAMA9D31 processor and quickly develop your own applications.
Note: Best performance will be achieved under Linux.
The MCC-SAMA5D31-C CPU module can be replaced by other modules so you can evaluate the different processors in the Atmel SAMA5D3x series. The differences between the five available processors is as follows:
|Feature ||SAMA5D31 ||SAMA5D33 ||SAMA5D34 ||SAMA5D35 ||SAMA5D36 |
|LCD/HDMI Controller ||Yes ||Yes ||Yes ||No ||Yes |
|Ethernet ||10/100 ||Gigabit ||Gigabit ||Gigabit ||Gigabit |
|2nd Ethernet ||No ||No ||No ||10/100 ||10/100 |
|CAN Buses ||None ||None ||2 ||2 ||2 |
|HSMCI Buses ||3 ||2 ||3 ||3 ||3 |
|Extra UARTs* ||2 ||None ||None ||2 ||2 |
|Timer/Counters ||1 ||1 ||1 ||2 ||2 |
* All five CPUs have three 5-line USARTs and a 3-line DBGU (Debug UART). The SAMA5D31, SAMA5D35 and SAMA5D36 add two 3-line UARTs (i.e. asynchronous only).
See Atmel's SAMA5D31 Page for the datasheet and other documentation.
Note: Although the SAMA5D31 CPU has a 10/100 Ethernet port, the RJ45 jack on this development board is not connected to it; that jack is for the Gigabit Ethernet port that exists on other CPUs in the SAMA5D3x series.
SAMA5D31 Development Board Features Note: The image to the right is used for all five boards in the series, so certain interfaces shown won't apply to certain boards, e.g. this board's CPU does not support the 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet port or CAN bus. These interfaces become active when you replace the CPU module with one that supports them.
- SAMA5D31 ARM Cortex-A5 processor operating at up to 536 MHz (850 DMIPS), with 32KB Data Cache, 32KB Instruction Cache, Virtual Memory System Architecture (VMSA), fully integrated MMU and Floating Point Unit (VFPv4)
- CPU has one 160KB Internal ROM (single-cycle access at system speed) with embedded bootloader (boot on NAND Flash, SDCard, eMMC, serial DataFlash, selectable order), and one 128KB Internal SRAM (single-cycle access at system speed)
- CPU module board includes 256MB NandFlash, 4MB DataFlash, 64KB EEPROM, and 256MB DDR2 SDRAM
- Main board size: 140 × 100 mm, 4-layer PCB; CPU module 8-layer PCB
- Power supply: 5V @ 2A (CPU module receives 3.3V via headers)
- Power consumption: 0.32A without LCD; 0.37A with 4.3-inch LCD
- Debug interface: 20-pin, 2.54mm standard JTAG
- Operating Temperature:-40 to +85 °C
- LCD interface for optional displays, 24-bit RGB, 480×272 up to 2048×2048
- Four-wire touchscreen interface
- TF card slot (microSD)
- Three-line RS232 Debug serial port (DB9)
- 4x five-line RS232 serial ports
- RS485 serial port
- 2x High-Speed USB Host
- mini-USB OTG interface
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 jack (not supported by SAMA5D31)
- 2x CAN interfaces (not supported by SAMA5D31)
- 3.5mm audio jacks — one input, one stereo output
- RTC backup battery holder
- 20-pin standard JTAG interface
- Reset button and two User buttons
- Red power LEDs on both main board and CPU module, plus a blue user LED on CPU module
- Two more User LEDs on main board — one blue, one red
- 2x SPI, 1x I2C, 2x SDIO, 6x ADC, 4x UART, 16-bit Data Bus, and 8-bit Address Bus available on extension headers
SAMA5D31 Development Board Software Certain drivers and demo programs are for functions that only some CPUs in the SAMA5D3x series support, e.g. the CAN driver and demo code can't be used on the SAMA5D31.
|OS ||Item ||Feature ||Description ||Linux ||Boot ||Boot Strap ||First boot program (source code provided) |
|u-boot ||Secondary boot program (source code provided) |
|Boot Mode ||Boot Linux from NAND Flash |
|Image update ||Supports programming kernel image into Nand Flash via USB |
|File system update ||Supports programming file system into Nand Flash via USB |
|Kernel ||Version ||Linux 3.6.9 (source code provided) |
|File system ||Supports ROM/CRAM/EXT2/EXT3/FAT/NFS/JFFS2/UBIFS |
|File system ||Format ||UBIFS file system |
|Drivers ||LED, NandFlash, DataFlash, SD, SPI, CAN, LCD+Touch, Audio, Ethernet, USB, GPIO, Button, RS485, RTC, USART (source code provided) |
|Demo program ||Audio, CAN, RS232, RS485, RTC, GPIO, network, mtd, key_led |
|Graphical Library ||QT/Embeded 4.5.3 ||Already ported (source code provided) |
|Android ||Kernel ||Version ||Android 4.0.4 |
|Drivers ||SD, LCD+touch (LCD and touch screen driver), Audio, Ethernet, USB, Button |
SAMA5D31 Development Board Package Contents
- MYD-SAMA5D3-C-I main board with MCC-SAMA5D31-C-I CPU module
- mini-USB cable
- Serial port cable (DB9 to DB9)
- 5V/2A power adapter
- DVD-ROM with schematic, user manual, BSPs and source code
SAMA5D31 Development Board Resources
Ships from: China
Lead time: 1 week minimum (availability varies; the MYD-SAMA5D36-C-I is considered the default configuration thus would be the most readily available; it has all the features of this SAMA5D31 and more at the same price)
The selector and checkboxes below allow you to add an LCD touchscreen to your order, and to order extra or alternative CPU modules.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item