TLI4970-D050T4 miniature magnetic digital current sensor Uses Hall effect to measure current; ±50A AC/DC, ±1.6% accuracy, 80kSPS Galvanically isolated current rail prevents damage to circuitry Designed to use 3.3V power supply
Hall Current Click is a high-precision contact-free current sensor. It carries a galvanically isolated (up to 2.5kV) TLI4970-D050T4 miniature magnetic digital current sensor that utilizes the Hall effect to measure electric current. The board has two EXTreme ZPower connectors (IP- and IP+) to connect the conductor. The current rail is galvanically isolated from the interface to the microcontroller.
The signal has a 16-bit internal resolution. The sensor readings are sent to your target board through the mikroBUS SPI lines (SDO, SCK, and CS).
Note: This board is designed to use 3.3V power supply only.
Hazardous voltages in electrical equipment can cause severe personal injury or death. This product has exposed components that may be connected to hazardous line voltages. Extreme care should be taken to protect against shock. DO NOT TOUCH THE BOARD WHILE THE EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY IS ON! Always work with another person in case an emergency occurs. This product should be used by qualified persons only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Hall-Effect Current Sensor mikroBUS Module Resources