OLIMEXINO-85BC is derivative of the OLIMEXINO-85 with same functionality but with the addition of a LiPo charger on board. When you plug a mini-USB cable into OLIMEXINO-85BC, it will begin to charging a LiPo Battery that you have attached to the JST connector. Then, when you disconnect the USB, the board will continue to operate from the battery.
It's about the same size as the OLIMEXINO-85. The added charger circuit and connector (as well as new mounting holes) are possible by the use of smaller, SMD components compared to the original board. For example, the ATtiny85 MCU is a surface-mount version rather than a socketed DIP version like the original OLIMEXINO-85 had.
This small ready-to-use Arduino board is based on the well-known Little Wire design which also is the basis of the Digistump's Digispark and Adafruit's Trinket. The OLIMEXINO-85BC board runs on the Digispark Arduino software.
It uses V-USB AVR emulation of USB with bit-banging, so although the ATtiny85 MCU has no USB port, the OLIMEXINO-85BC actually does work as a USB 1.1 device. It comes pre-programmed with the Micronucleus bootloader that can work with Digispark's Arduino distribution (this board does not work with the standard Arduino IDE).
The eight pins broken out on the board are as follows:
- #0 — PB0/MOSI/DI/SDA/AIN0/OC0A/#OC1A/AREF/PCINT0
- #1 — PB1/MISO/DO/AIN1/OC0B/OC1A/PCINT1
- #2 — PB2/SCK/USCK/SCL/ADC1/T0/INT0/PCINT2
- #3 — PB3/PCINT3/XTAL1/CLKI/#OC1B/ADC3
- #4 — PB4/PCINT4/XTAL2/CLKO/OC1B/ADC2
- #RST — PB5/PCINT5/#RESET/ADC0/DW
- GND — GND
- VCC — VCC
ATtiny85 Arduino Board Features
- ATtiny85-SU microcontroller with pre-loaded Micronucleus Tiny85 bootloader
- Tested and working out of the box with Digispark's Arduino distribution
- LiPo battery connector for standalone operation
- Integrated LiPo battery charger (MCP73812T)
- mini-USB connection
- Breadboard compatible via the headers
- Two LEDs — power and status
- Reset button
- All components already soldered
- Open hardware — board schematics and layout available for Eagle
- Open software — thanks to the Digispark community effort
ATtiny85 Arduino Board Resources
Programming the OLIMEXINO-85BC To upload a program, you must first set Tools → Board to Digispark 8mhz - NO USB (Tiny Core) and Tools → Programmer to Digispark. OLIMEXINO-85 uses the VID/PID pair that Digistump donated to the community.
Make sure you disconnect the board before clicking the Upload button, then wait for the program to compile before connecting the board. The bootloader implementation runs only for the first few seconds after power up, so if you connect and power up the board before programming, the bootloader won't be available and uploading will fail. Disconnect the board, click Upload again, then connect the board.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft. A-Male / Mini-USB (5-pin) B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|Polymer Lithium Ion Battery, 850mAh, JST Connector||+|| US$9.95|
|Polymer Lithium Ion Battery, 2000mAh, JST Connector||+|| US$16.95|
|Polymer Lithium Ion Battery Pack, 6Ah, JST Connector||+|| US$29.95|
|2-pin Female JST Connector, 2mm pitch, with 5-inch Wires||+|| US$0.95|
|Barrel Jack to 2-pin JST Adapter, 2.1x5.5mm Jack, 2mm JST||+|| US$2.95|