SG-1020W/ALL is a wireless serial device server enabling serial devices to communicate on a wireless LAN. Supporting the IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless standards, maximum speed of up to 54Mbps can be achieved. Specialized security features make SG-1020W/ALL a feasible solution in industrial automation, building automation, medical devices, point of sale, any M2M2 or SCADA application with serial connectivity. The included Serial Port Emulator allows easy integration with existing serial communication applications.
Security features include access control lists, complete protocol enable/disable control, read and write configuration password, and SNMP community name configuration. Wireless security is guaranteed by various protocols including WEP 64/128bit, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, and WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES).
With the management program, PortView, all serial devices connected this SerialGate unit can be monitored and managed in a real time. All serial I/O data can be tracked or saved as a file. The COM Port Redirector program allows you to use the serial ports of this device as though they were COM ports right on your PC.
Rails affixed to the side enable semi-permanent installation on any surface, and the device can be installed on a DIN rail using a mounting bracket.
Example Applications 1. SG-1020W/ALL links to a wireless access point and wireless network then enables serial communication. If SSID, security key, and IP between SG-1020W/ALL and the wireless access point are set up, the wireless network can be configured. Devices connected to SerialGate can be used by PCs on the network.
2. You can use two SG-1020W/ALL units in client-server configuration (TCP or UDP) to use remote devices via the internet.
3. For 1:1 communication between SG-1020W/ALL and a wireless LAN card, the equipment setting between SG-1020W/ALL and the wireless LAN card should be ad-HOC(802.11) mode, then you configure the SSID, security key, and IP. A wireless network will be created between the devices. The serial ports on the SG-1020W/ALL can behave like physical COM ports on the host PC.
2-Port Serial-to-WiFi Gateway Features
- Speed: Max 921.6Kbps
- IEEE standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- 64/128-bit WEP, WPA (TKIP with IEEE 802.1x), WPA2 (AES with IEEE802.1x)
- Two RS232/RS422/485 Serial Ports; 2x DB9M for RS232, 2x five-pin terminal blocks for RS422/485
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet Port
- COM Port Redirector, with extended setting and monitoring via PortView
- Firmware updates via Web or FTP
- Equipment setup through Web, Telnet, SNMP, PortView
- LEDs showing link, LAN and Serial status
- Can be installed on DIN rail
- FCC Certified
2-Port Serial-to-WiFi Gateway Specifications
|Communication ||IEEE 802.11b/g/n |
|Speed ||Max 54Mbps |
|Output ||802.11b: 16 dBm |
802.11g: 14 dBm
802.11n: 14 dBm (40MHz BW)
|Range ||100 meters |
|Frequency ||2.4GHz ~ 2.4884GHz ISM Band |
|Connection ||802.11b: CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK |
802.11g: 64 QAM, 16 QAM, QPSK, BPSK
802.11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
|Reception ||802.11b: -84dBm |
|Security ||WEP 64-bit/128-bit data encryption |
WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK
|Antenna ||ANT 2.4GHz 3DB, 1x U.FL antenna |
|Protocols ||TCP, UDP, Telnet, ICMP, DHCP, TFTP, |
HTTP, SNMP, SSH, SSL
|Management ||PortView™, Web, Telnet |
|Setup ||Web, Telnet |
|COM Port Redirection ||COM Port Redirector for Windows |
2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 / 2008
|Dimensions ||111.3 × 80.8 × 24.5 mm |
|Weight ||262 grams |
|Power ||12V DC from barrel jack or screw terminals |
|Temperature ||Operating: -10 to +70 °C |
Storage: -55 to +125 °C
|Humidity ||5% to 95% non-condensing |
|LEDs ||Ready, Serial (2x), WiFi |
Also two LAN LEDs on the RJ45 connector
|Serial Port Signals ||Port 1: TX, RX, DTR, DSR, RTS, CTS, DCD |
Port 2: TX, RX, RTS, CTS
|Serial Port Protection ||±15kV ESD protection |
- SG-1020W/ALL unit
- 3dBi antenna
- Straight-through Ethernet cable
- Power adapter
- CD-ROM with software and user manual
2-Port Serial-to-WiFi Gateway Resources