The AVR-PX128A1 is an entry-level development board for the AVR XMEGA-A microcontroller family of devices produced by Atmel Corporation.
With the AVR-PX128A1, you can explore the features of the XMEGA-A family on a budget. The board has everything necessary to build simple applications: USB port (from which it is powered), reset and oscillator circuits, JTAG and PDI ports for programming and debugging, LCD, status LED, and two user buttons.
Although very simple, this board will allow you easily to build USB applications like USB mass storage device, USB Audio class device, or USB to Virtual RS232 port. There are plenty of GPIOs on extension headers where you can connect your additional circuits.
ATxmega128A1 Prototype Board Features
- CPU: ATxmega128A1-AU AVR 8/16-bit XMEGA MCU with 128KB Flash, 8KB RAM, 4KB EEPROM, 32MHz clock
- JTAG connector with 2x5-pin layout for programming/debugging (mkII JTAG required, or AVR-DRAGON)
- PDI connector with 2x3-pin layout for programming (mkII ISP required, e.g. AVR-ISP-MK2)
- USB connector
- Two user buttons
- Reset button
- Status LED
- Power supply LED
- On-board voltage regulator 3.3V with up to 800mA current
- Single power supply: 6V AC or 9V DC required; board can take power also from USB port
- 8 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32.768 kHz crystal and RTC
- Extension header
- SD/MMC card connector
- UEXT header (see below)
- Extension pin headers for each MCU pin
- Audio In and Audio Out jacks for microphone and headphones
- LCD (8 characters; 1 line)
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), red soldermask, silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 100 x 80 mm (3.9 x 3.15")
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
ATxmega128A1 Prototype Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item