The Byte Craft Ltd. C6808 C Code Development System supports the Freescale (Motorola) 68HC08 and RS08 family of microcontrollers.
Operating System Support
The Freescale (Motorola) 6808 C Code Development System includes:
- an optimizing 68HC08 C-Compiler.
- the BCLink linker.
- an Integrated Development Environment and editor.
- a built-in 68HC08 macro cross-assembler.
Highlights of RS08 Support
- Complete C language support
- Threads for embedded C
- ELF/DWARF support
- RS08-specific examples
68HC08 C-Compiler Features In Detail Other features of the 6808 C Code Development System include:
- part-specific header files describe the unique features of each 68HC08 target device.
- compiler configuration using #pragma directives.
- 6808 ports are declared and protected using the #pragma port series of directives
- the #pragma vector directive specifies the location and assigned name for 68HC08 interrupt sources.
- BClink Linker links object files and libraries compiled with 68HC08 C-compiler c6808.exe
- object libraries can be included directly in C source files using Absolute Code Mode
- named address spaces support the grouping of variables at specific 6808 memory locations
- SPECIAL address space declares variables at special locations such as external devices or internal EPROM
- LOCAL address space allows you to use local variables
- extensions to the C language designed specifically for the 68HC08 embedded systems developer. Some extensions include the bit and bits data types, binary constants, extended case statements, direct variable placement with the @ symbol, and support for 68HC08 microcontroller-specific functions.
- 6808 interrupt handler support in C; makes context saving and restoring easy.
- data types include:
- bit, bits
- char, short, int, long
- selectable 8 or 16 bit int data type.
- packed bit fields in structs.
- include single and multiple lines of inline assembly within a C program with the #asm and #endasm directives
- extensive control over computer-generated initialization.
- generates source-level information required for 68HC08 emulators.
- supports the instruction extensions 6808 DAA, MUL, STOP, WAIT
- supports 68HC08 microcontroller specific instructions CLC, CLI, NOP, RSP, SEC, SEI, STOP, SWI, WAIT
- supports all MC68HC08 parts, including HCS08 and RS08
- allows direct access to 6808 AC, X, CC registers
- supports special memory location access to the 68HC08 Mask Option Register
- generates source-level information required for source level debugging
- can be used with many emulators, including the Motorola MMDS08 and MMEVS08, and the Ashling CT68HC08
Download Technical Introduction and RS08 code generation. Country of Origin: Canada