The second edition of MC68HC11 An Introduction: Software and Hardware Interfacing is a comprehensive book about the 68HC11 microcontroller from Freescale (Motorola). It is unique in that it uses both the assembly language (for better hardware control and execution time) and the C language (for faster projection completion) to instruct readers in the basics of interface programming.
Now featuring greater numbers of exercises in every chapter - plus new tutorials on the EVB and CMD11-A8 demo boards and use of the C compiler - this edition of MC68HC11 An Introduction uses a methodical, step-by-step approach to facilitate learning. Numerous examples are featured throughout the book to ensure complete understanding of topics, such as: assembly language programming, I/O interface programming in C, memory interfacing, interrupt and rest processing, parallel I/O interfacing, serial communication port, SPI interfacing, and data acquisition. An all-new chapter serves as a C programming refresher course, while the incorporation of flowcharts and/or algorithmic procedures for most programs aids the reader in acquiring an overall understanding of program logic. Improved coverage of multi-precision division, updated LCD interfacing examples, discussion of the i8225 interfacing chip, plus detailed coverage of humidity and sensor signal processing are also featured in this edition.
- A compact disc included with the book contains the as11 assembler, a demo version of the C compiler, sample programs, and data sheets to enable readers to develop their application programs without having to retype programs.
- Numerous examples illustrate the instruction execution process, addressing modes, program loops, multi-precision arithmetic, array and string processing, and subroutine calls.
- Detailed tutorials instruct readers in how to use BUFFALO commands and download programs to Motorola EVA and Axiom CMD11-A8 demo boards for execution.
- How to write interrupt service routines in both assembly and C language is included as part of an overall introduction to the basic concepts of interrupts and resets.
- A detailed timing analysis on memory interfacing supplements a discussion of 68HC11 operation modes and memory expansion issues, enabling you to verify that the design has been done correctly.
- 68HC11 subsystems are explored thoroughly with numerous examples to illustrate their applications, including: keypad scanning and debouncing; LED and LCD displays; Centronics printer interface; D/A converters; frequency, period, and pulse-width measurements; time-of-day tracking; real-time interrupts, watchdog timers; RS-232 interfacing; and A/D converters.
- An entire chapter on data acquisition includes coverage of essential components such as sensors; signal conditioning circuits, and sampling techniques accompanied by examples on temperature, humidity and pressure measurements.
- All-new appendices include an updated I/O register and development tool vendor directory, new design projects, plus standard resistor values.
- 1 - Introduction to Motorola 68HC11
- 2 - 68HC11 Assembly Programming
- 3 - Data Structures and Subroutine Calls
- 4 - C Language Programming
- 5 - Operation Modes and Memory Expansion
- 6 - Interrupts and Resets
- 7 - Parallel I/O Ports
- 8 - 68HC11 Timer Functions
- 9 - 68HC11 Serial Communication Interface
- 10 - 68HC11 Serial Peripheral Interface
- 11 - Analog-to-Digital Converter
Hardcover; 798 pages